Phil Bungey joins Seven Investment Management's senior executive team as COO. He takes over from Hazel Paton who is retiring after nine years with the firm.
Seven Investment Management has appointed Phillip Bungey as Chief Operating Officer, replacing Hazel Paton who is retiring after nine very successful years with 7IM.
Phil has a highly successful track record as an innovator in financial services, and worked with both Tom Sheridan and Justin Urquhart Stewart (co-founders of 7IM) at Barclays Stockbrokers before 7IM was established. Together they succeeded in making that business the leading retail stockbroker in the UK.
Since then, Phil merged a major Wealth business into UBS, created a new platform at Winterflood Securities, before becoming COO at Nutmeg, his most recent post.
7IM has grown to £10 billion AUM by providing investment services to financial planners in the UK, and has recently expanded its platform functionality with a multi-currency offshore nominee, which is also being integrated with its award winning app, 7IMagine.
Although 7IM primarily serves Discretionary and Advised clients, financial planners are now asking that their platforms also cater for the needs of clients they cannot give face to face advice to. Phil will be instrumental in making that happen at 7IM, and developing one of the most flexible and functionally diverse services available in the market.
"Phil is joining at a great time in 7IM’s journey" said Tom Sheridan, 7IM’s CEO. "We have a terrific array of development plans and there are very few in the market with Phil’s ability to deliver. Phil is going to bolster an already strong management team and give us every opportunity to be a leader in the Fin Tech revolution happening in financial services."
NOTES TO EDITORS
- About Seven Investment Management:
- 7IM provides investment services to professional wealth managers, planners and advisers. These include:
- Discretionary investment management with advice
- A range of multi-asset portfolios
- An investment and open architecture trading platform
- A developed range of banking services
- A fantastic app, 7IMagine, to bring the client portfolios to life.
- 7IM – a story of Continuous Innovation
Since 7IM launched back in early 2002, it has pioneered a continuous stream of developments regarding how investment services are provided and charged for. We could just provide a list of our awards but actually think it is more useful to tell you what we have done and what we have provided for clients and their planners - and there is still more to come.
- January 2001 – First Sterling Online Wrap Account launched with ongoing Asset Allocation
- January 2003 – First White Label live
- January 2004 – 7IM OEIC live
- July 2005 – 7IM Platform live
- September 2005 – New 7IM Income Fund launched
- February 2007 – 7IM Sustainable Balance Fund launched
- December 2007 – 7IM gains its own FSA authorisation and new institutional investors
- January 2008 – 7IM joins the London Stock Exchange
- March 2008 – 7IM launches the AAP (Asset Allocated Passives) range of funds
- October 2009 – 7IM introduces 3rd party multi manager funds into the DFM service
- October 2009 – 7IM Personal Injury Fund launched
- April 2011 – 7IM launches enhanced, ‘on-demand’ client reporting
- January 2012 – 7IM Unconstrained Fund launched
- June 2012 – 7IM launches Fixed Term Deposits
- January 2013 – 7IM launches Asset Backed Lending
- March 2013 – ‘7IMagine’ launched
- June 2013 - Assets under Management pass £5bn
- October 2013 – 7IM launches preferred SIPPs with DP Pensions Ltd and Carey Pensions UK
- October 2014 – Assets Under Management pass £7bn
- January 2015 – Assets Under Management pass £8bn
- March 2015 – In partnership with AXA Wealth, 7IM announces preferred Offshore Bond offerin
- June 2015 – Assets Under Management pass £10bn
- February 2016 – 7IM launches My Future a new feature of the 7IMagine app which allows advisers and clients to enter the details of their existing savings and pension contributions, we well as spending expectations in retirement to identify when their cash will run out.
For more information, please contact: Justin Urquhart Stewart, 7IM
020 7760 8700 / 07866 427626 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you go
We hope you’ve enjoyed reading this article. Use the Get in touch box below to sign up for future investment updates. These take the form of regular market and investment updates and our 7IM webinar series.
Seven Investment Management LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Member of the London Stock Exchange. Registered office: 55 Bishopsgate, London. EC2N 3AS. Registered in England and Wales No. OC378740.