The investment house extends client options to include actively managed passive funds with a nine year track record.
London, 13 February 2017 – Seven Investment Management (7IM) today announced the extension of its Dublin domiciled fund range to include its Asset Allocated Passive (AAP) funds. Effective immediately, investors will benefit from a choice of risk rated investment strategies that are actively managed, but that invest in passive and smart passive investments to drive down costs for clients. The Dublin domicile offers up tax advantages for certain investors and which can lower costs still further.
The funds replicate the strategic asset allocation and regular tactical tilts managed by the 7IM Investment Management Team for the equivalent UK funds. They will look to achieve performance in line with the UK domiciled versions of the funds. The range will consist of three risk rated strategies:
- Moderately Cautious
- Moderately Adventurous
The funds will complement the three existing Dublin-based multi manager risk rated strategies, and which have been available since 2009. The UK-based AAP funds were originally launched in March 2008 and were the first actively asset allocated multi asset funds that were implemented using entirely passive strategies to significantly lower costs to investors. They remain one of 7IM’s most popular investment options across their intermediated and direct clients.
Tom Sheridan, Chief Executive Officer of 7IM, stated: "For our UK clients and our burgeoning base of business in the Channel Islands, who want non-UK situs versions of 7IM’s funds, these new options offer investors the chance to benefit from a structure that does not incur UK corporation tax. This is because they are domiciled in a market that does not tax funds in the same way it does businesses. The tax saving can give the Dublin funds a potential tax advantage over the UK equivalent risk profile. We’re committed to lowering costs for investors where we can, and this structure is an ideal option for a significant percentage of our client base."
Since the launch of the AAP funds, the investment house has reduced their costs by 69%1 and have continued to invest in creating industry-leading technology solutions such as 7IMagine, their app.
The new funds have been seeded with money from the 7IM investors who would benefit from the tax structure and whose assets are within a tax wrapper where no capital tax gains tax is payable. Existing assets for 7IM now total over £11bn.
The funds are already available on the award winning 7IM Platform. 7IM is working with other platforms to make the funds available as soon as possible.
1Source: 2008-2010 Lipper UK fund of funds ‘inclusive’ total expense ratio analysis reports. 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 ongoing charge figures from Capita fund accounts data. 2015 ongoing charge figures from Northern Trust.
NOTES TO EDITORS
The 7IM (Dublin) Funds are:
7IM Moderately Cautious (Dublin) Fund
7IM Balanced (Dublin) Fund
7IM Moderately Adventurous (Dublin) Fund
7IM AAP Moderately Cautious (Dublin) Fund
7IM AAP Balanced (Dublin) Fund
7IM AAP Moderately Adventurous (Dublin) Fund
About Seven Investment Management:
7IM provides investment services to professional wealth managers, planners and advisers. These include:
- Independent discretionary investment management with advice
- A range of multi-asset portfolios
- An investment and open architecture trading platform
- A developed range of banking services
- A fantastic app, 7IMagine, to bring the client portfolios to life.
7IM – a story of Continuous Innovation
Since 7IM launched back in early 2002, it has pioneered a continuous stream of developments regarding how investment services are provided and charged for. We could just provide a list of our awards but actually think it is more useful to tell you what we have done and what we have provided for clients and their planners - and there is still more to come.
- January 2001 – First Sterling Online Wrap Account launched with ongoing Asset Allocation
- January 2003 – First White Label live
- January 2004 – 7IM OEIC live
- July 2005 – 7IM Platform live
- September 2005 – New 7IM Income Fund launched
- February 2007 – 7IM Sustainable Balance Fund launched
- December 2007 – 7IM gains its own FSA authorisation and new institutional investors
- January 2008 – 7IM joins the London Stock Exchange
- March 2008 – 7IM launches the AAP (Asset Allocated Passives) range of funds
- June 2009 – 7IM introduces the Professional Investor Funds (PIF) into the DFM service
- October 2009 – 7IM introduces 3rd party multi-manager funds into the DFM service
- October 2009 – 7IM Personal Injury Fund launched
- April 2011 – 7IM launches enhanced, ‘on-demand’ client reporting
- January 2012 – 7IM Unconstrained Fund launched
- January 2013 – 7IM launches Asset Backed Lending
- March 2013 – ‘7IMagine’ launched
- June 2013 - Assets under Management pass £5bn
- October 2013 – ‘7IMagine’ wins its first of many awards at the Aberdeen Platform Awards
- 2014 – 7IM wins the Innovation Award from Moneyfacts 2014
- October 2014 – Assets under Management pass £7bn
- November 2014 – 7IM wins ‘Most Progressive Fund Award’ at the Rayner Spencer Mills Research awards
- January 2015 – Assets under Management pass £8bn.
- February 2015 – 7IM wins ‘Best Managed Fund award’ at 2015 Professional Adviser Awards for our Moderately Cautious Fund
- February 2015 – 7IM wins two ‘Gold Awards’ for Balanced and Aggressive Funds at the Portfolio Adviser Awards
- April 2015 – Assets under Management pass £9bn
- April 2015 – 7IM launch the Equity Value Funds, a range of Smart Passives
- June 2015 – 7IM wins ‘5 Star Investment Provider & Packager award’ at the Financial Adviser awards
- February 2016 – My Future extension of 7IMagine launched
- February 2016 – 7IM PIFs re-launched as the 7IM Dublin Funds
- September 2016 – Assets under Management pass £11bn
For more information, please contact: Justin Urquhart Stewart, 7IM
020 7760 8700 / 07866 427626 / email@example.com
Before you go
We hope you’ve enjoyed reading this article. Use the Get in touch box below to sign up for future investment updates. These take the form of regular market and investment updates and our 7IM webinar series.
Seven Investment Management LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Member of the London Stock Exchange. Registered office: 55 Bishopsgate, London. EC2N 3AS. Registered in England and Wales No. OC378740.